[PlanetCCRMA] troubles with PlanetCCRMA and RME Digiface

Mark Knecht markknecht@gmail.com
Thu Sep 8 08:26:01 2005

On 9/8/05, andersvi@extern.uio.no <andersvi@extern.uio.no> wrote:
> Oops, two lines at the start of the attachment were swapped.  The
> first 10 lines should read:
>
> >  hdspmixer
> HDSPMixer 1.6 - Copyright (C) 2003 Thomas Charbonnel <thomas@undata.org>
> This program comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY
> HDSPMixer is free software, see the file COPYING for details
>
> Looking for HDSP cards :
> Card 0 : RME Digi9652 (Rev 1.5) at 0xd4000000, irq 18
> No Hammerfall DSP card found.
>
> >  cat /proc/asound/cards
> 0 [R15            ]: RME9652 - RME Digi9652 (Rev 1.5)
>                      RME Digi9652 (Rev 1.5) at 0xd4000000, irq 18

Like I pointed out, these are different monsters:

Hammerfall is the Digi9652 & Digi9636

Hammerfall DSP is the Digiface, the Multiface and the HDSP 9652.

Looks like you are using the older Hammerfall with no hardware mixer,
but trying to use the HDSP mixer app which works only with the HDSP
line of cards.

I have both of these cards so I know it gets confusing. With the
Hammerfall cards (Digi8652) I think you have to use amixer commands
form the command line to effect volumes.

- Mark