[PlanetCCRMA] troubles with PlanetCCRMA and RME Digiface

andersvi@extern.uio.no andersvi@extern.uio.no
Fri Sep 9 07:41:02 2005

>>> "MK" == Mark Knecht <markknecht@gmail.com> writes:
MK> Like I pointed out, these are different monsters:
MK>
MK> Hammerfall is the Digi9652 & Digi9636
MK>
MK> Hammerfall DSP is the Digiface, the Multiface and the HDSP 9652.
MK>
MK> Looks like you are using the older Hammerfall with no hardware mixer,
MK> but trying to use the HDSP mixer app which works only with the HDSP
MK> line of cards.

Right.  The card inside is the RME Hammerfall Digi9652, and the
driver loaded (recognized by alsaconf) is snd_rme9652.

I tried putting in snd_hdsp instead without luck.

There is actually coming something out now, a distorted version
of the sound playing on one channel.

Tried using amixer to set the various sync-sources, internal,
ADAT-1,2,3 without improving anything, (apart from one crash of
all sound when setting "Passthru" to "on").

amixer doesnt allow me to write any volume settings anywhere it
seems.  Heres a list of writable controls recognized by amixer:

$ amixer controls
numid=3,iface=MIXER,name='IEC958 Playback Con Mask'
numid=4,iface=MIXER,name='IEC958 Playback Pro Mask'
numid=16,iface=PCM,name='ADAT1 Input Source'
numid=11,iface=PCM,name='ADAT1 Sync Check'
numid=12,iface=PCM,name='ADAT2 Sync Check'
numid=15,iface=PCM,name='ADAT3 Sync Check'
numid=9,iface=PCM,name='Channels Thru'
numid=5,iface=PCM,name='IEC958 Input Connector'
numid=6,iface=PCM,name='IEC958 Output also on ADAT1'
numid=1,iface=PCM,name='IEC958 Playback Default'
numid=10,iface=PCM,name='IEC958 Sample Rate'
numid=14,iface=PCM,name='Passthru'
numid=8,iface=PCM,name='Preferred Sync Source'
numid=7,iface=PCM,name='Sync Mode'
numid=13,iface=PCM,name='Timecode Valid'

Im not sure what to do now, but if anyone has a working setup
running the Planet with this PCI-card (RME Hammerfall Digi9652)
id very much like to ask a few questions directly to him or her.

-anders