[PlanetCCRMA] quiet pc hardware - via epia m10000?

ilikebeans ilikebeans@gmail.com
Sun Sep 18 23:33:02 2005

------=_Part_38809_25793247.1127111569383

Hello all,

I currently have an Athlon 650 that is just too loud, so I'm looking to=20
replace it. I've mostly been looking at the Via Epia M10000 to combine with=
=20
my audiophile 2496, 7200 rpm hard drive, and some RAM. I've found numerous=
=20
reviews for using it as a "media" computer, but I'm still a little bit=20
unsure about using it as a simple home studio daw. Has anyone had any=20
experience using the PlanetCCRMA aps with this cpu/mb? Are there any caveat=
s=20
to using one? Can I expect decent performance, or should I look for another=
=20
quiet pc solution?

Thanks,
Kevin

------=_Part_38809_25793247.1127111569383

Hello all,<br>
I currently have an Athlon 650 that is just too loud, so I'm looking to
replace it.&nbsp; I've mostly been looking at the Via Epia M10000 to
combine with my audiophile 2496, 7200 rpm hard drive, and some
RAM.&nbsp; I've found numerous reviews for using it as a &quot;media&quot;
computer, but I'm still a little bit unsure about using it as a simple
home studio daw.&nbsp; Has anyone had any experience using the
PlanetCCRMA aps with this cpu/mb?&nbsp; Are there any caveats to using
one?&nbsp; Can I expect decent performance, or should I look for
another quiet pc solution?<br>
Thanks,<br>
Kevin<br>

------=_Part_38809_25793247.1127111569383--