[PlanetCCRMA] Delta 1010 buzzing

Joe Hartley jh@brainiac.com
Mon Sep 19 15:47:01 2005

A woeful thing has happened at the studio - the Delta 1010 has a
horrendous buzz on all 8 output channels.

I remembered that there was a discussion on this list a year or so back
about replacing capacitors, so I hecked the archives, then cracked the
cover of the 1010's breakout panel, to find...  no obvious sign of a
problem.

Honestly, I was hoping to find a couple of cracked, oozing caps, but
no such luck, so now I wonder, is it possible for these caps to frizzle
with no obvious signs of damage?  I'd hate to take the iron to the board
without cause.

Thanks for any clues you can toss my way!