[PlanetCCRMA] Delta 1010 buzzing

Mon Sep 19 16:40:02 2005

On Mon, 2005-09-19 at 18:46 -0400, Joe Hartley wrote:
> A woeful thing has happened at the studio - the Delta 1010 has a
> horrendous buzz on all 8 output channels.
>
> I remembered that there was a discussion on this list a year or so back
> about replacing capacitors, so I hecked the archives, then cracked the
> cover of the 1010's breakout panel, to find...  no obvious sign of a
> problem.
>
> Honestly, I was hoping to find a couple of cracked, oozing caps, but
> no such luck, so now I wonder, is it possible for these caps to frizzle
> with no obvious signs of damage?  I'd hate to take the iron to the board
> without cause.

Most probably the caps are the culprit. There's a quadrupling circuit on
the left hand side of the bottom board (looking from the front - _if_ I
remember correctly). Look for two caps with slightly bulging tops...
they should not be oozing fluids and all that, at least not in my
experience.

-- Fernando