[PlanetCCRMA] qjackctl/jackd acting differently?

bernie arai bernie@vcn.bc.ca
Mon Sep 19 19:32:03 2005

On Mon, 2005-09-19 at 18:36, Fernando Lopez-Lezcano wrote:

> > i can't understand or start jackd-realtime either, but i've always used
> > jackd with the realtime option like you.  so something funny must be
> > going on to cause the "cannot write to jackstart sync pipe 4" message.
> > hopefully i can find out it's the same thing giving me so many xruns...
>
> That's only when using jackstart, right? Jackstart uses (or used to use)
> a pipe to synchronize with jackd when transfering realtime privileges
> (used to be needed with 2.4.x kernels with the capabilities patch, not
> anymore).
>
> -- Fernando

no, i checked to make sure - i'm using jackd from qjackctl, and i still
get the "cannot write to jackstart sync pipe 4" message. only from
qjackctl, though.  can't understand why.

i'm trying to isolate what i do when the xruns come.  jack starts is
fine until i move the mouse (sometimes) and get hundreds of xruns.
opening alsaplayer gets hundreds more.  opening pd does not get any
(usually).  i can't figure out any consistent pattern yet.