[PlanetCCRMA] Delta 1010 buzzing - update

Joe Hartley jh@brainiac.com
Fri Sep 23 09:40:02 2005

On Mon, 19 Sep 2005 18:46:50 -0400
Joe Hartley <jh@brainiac.com> wrote:
> A woeful thing has happened at the studio - the Delta 1010 has a
> horrendous buzz on all 8 output channels.
>
> I remembered that there was a discussion on this list a year or so back
> about replacing capacitors, so I checked the archives, then cracked the
> cover of the 1010's breakout panel, to find...  no obvious sign of a
> problem.

I finally had the chance today to pull the 1010 breakout box from the
rack and really open it up.  Turns out that under the flat black metal
strip screwed to the top of the daughterboard is a 2200uF 25v cap with
a bulging top and just a little brown ick on the top of it.

So on the one hand...  phew, I can fix this myself.  On the other hand
(there's a fist - obscure Jona Lewie reference), I'm disappointed I've
got to replace it after a relatively short period of ownership (3 years
or so).

Thanks to all on the list who helped out!