[PlanetCCRMA] Kernel compilation

Henk Jansen drumkid@gmail.com
Sat Sep 24 11:30:01 2005

I have installed the planetccrma kernel 2.6.12-0.21.rdt.rhfc4.ccrma on
my Thinkpad R52 which works great except for the familiar problem that
there is a name mismatch between the ipw2200 module and the firmware
(ipw-2.{2,3}_xxx.fw) for the wireless card (Intel PRO/Wireless 2200BG
Network Connection) on this machine. Since I've heard reports that the
problem is solved in the newer kernels I venture to compile and install
the newest kernel from ccrma (kernel-2.6.13-0.3.rdt.src.rpm). After
unpacking (rpm -i) I'm confronted with a bunch of patches that apply to
different kernel versions. Therefore, I'm eager to learn about the right
procedure in order to patch and compile this kernel successfully.

Thanks.
--
Henk Jansen <drumkid@gmail.com>