[PlanetCCRMA] Fedora Core 4 Kernel Problem?

Daniel Skevington djis@uymail.com
Sat Apr 15 20:06:00 2006

Hi,

I've not used Linux in a while so forgive me if I'm missing something obvious here; I've just installed Fedora Core 4, and followed the instructions on the Planet CCRMA website to install/update up to the point of testing the kernel, but when I reboot and choose the CCRMA kernel, my computer freezes just before getting to the GUI.

It finishes initialising the hardware fine, (storage network audio) but then hangs with that text on the screen. The original kernel (2.6.11-1.1369) still works fine, but I'd like to get the CCRMA one working really, since the main reason I put Linux back on was for audio apps.

I thought I'd go through the boot files for each kernel and see if there are any obvious discrepencies, but the files are fairly long so if someone could point me in the right direction, that would be most appreciated.

Thanks,
Daniel Skevington.