[PlanetCCRMA] Planetedge kernels and nvidia drivers

Nigel Henry cave.dnb@tiscali.fr
Sun Apr 16 15:21:01 2006

On Sunday 16 April 2006 23:24, Joe Hartley wrote:
> On Sun, 16 Apr 2006 16:07:44 +0200
>
> Nigel Henry <cave.dnb@tiscali.fr> wrote:
> > Hi Joe. The URL to be added to /etc/apt/sources.list  is.
> > http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/mirror/all/linux/SRPMS/
>
> Hmmm, I've downloaded and installed kernel-2.6.14-0.10.rrt.src.rpm
> from the above link, but it doesn't appear in my list of installed RPMs
> (which may be normal), and nvidia-installer still can't find the kernel
> sources to build the new driver.
>
> I have a sneaking suspicion that it has to do with the .bz files which
> appear to be the actual source trees, but I'm not quite sure what to do
> with them.
>
> If I was rolling my own kernel from source, I'd be more familiar with the
> process, but now that I'm using a prebuilt kernel (for the sake of
> 'simplicity'!) I'm not quite sure what to unpack where.
>
> Thanks in advance for another guidepost to point the way!

Hi Joe. I'm not trying to sidestep your problem, but havn't had much to do
with src rpms, or Nvidia drivers.  Fernando should be back on the job
tomorrow, and may be able to offer some constructive help. As the 2.6.12-0.21
kernel worked ok with the Nvidia drivers without the kernel source being
installed, this may be a completely different problem with the 2.6.14 kernel.

Apologies for not being able to help any further. Nigel.