[PlanetCCRMA] Can't apt-getplanetccrma-audiovideoapps-develforfc4 offlist

BJaY BJaY@safe-mail.net
Sat Mar 4 02:13:01 2006

On Monday 27 February 2006 20:54, BJaY wrote:
<big snip>
> > > I've got unsatisfied dependancies alsaplayer-devel & fox-devel. I did
> >
> > full
> >
> > > install of FC4 to try to avoid problems with missing packages.

> > [root@localhost utility]# apt-get install
> > planetccrma-audiovideoapps-devel Reading Package Lists... Done
> > Building Dependency Tree... Done
> > Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
> > requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
> > distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
> > or been moved out of Incoming.
> >
> > Since you only requested a single operation it is extremely likely that
> > the package is simply not installable and a bug report against
> > that package should be filed.
> > The following information may help to resolve the situation:

> >   planetccrma-audiovideoapps-devel: Depends: alsaplayer-devel but it is
>
> not
>
> > going to be installed
> >                                     Depends: fox-devel but it is not
> > going to be installed
> > E: Broken packages
>
> Ok, now we can try to get more specific messages:
>   apt-get install alsaplayer-devel
> and then
>   apt-get install fox-devel
> those should give a bit more specific messages about incompatibilities.
>
> -- Fernando
> I got :

>   alsaplayer-devel: Depends: alsaplayer (= 0.99.76-1.rhfc4.ccrma) but
> 0.99.76-2.2.fc4.rf is to be installed
> E: Broken packages

>   fox-devel: Depends: fox (= 1.4.27-1.2.fc4.rf) but 1.2.11-1.rhfc4.ccrma
is
> to be installed
> E: Broken packages
>
> I this becuase the packages are being picked up from other repositories in
> prefrence to the ccrma one ?

// Hi BJaY. I posted back to you, but you never came back. Have you got the
// problem fixed now? Nigel.

Yes, sorry, I've been snowed under. I got everything installed in the end,
by variously enabling and disabling repositories. I also got vst going
(which was the objective), got a plugin to load and transfer sound in and
out via Jack. I'm going to have a good look at vst plugins just as soon as I
have time.