[PlanetCCRMA] VST in Fedora Core 4. Success anyone?

BJaY BJaY@safe-mail.net
Sat Mar 4 03:38:01 2006

Success ! I managed get a plugin going, and transfering sound with jack : The further difficulties I encounterd were :

Had to get earlier version of vst sdk (Than one on Steinberg site)
had to do apt-get dist-upgrade
The dist upgrade installed a new version of apt - had to rename planetccrma.list.rpmsave for new apt
Had to insall ccrma devel packages
see thread Can't apt-getplanetccrma-audiovideoapps-develforfc4
It wasn't a problem with the naming of the vst foler.

-----Original Message-----
From: Carlos Pino [mailto:pinojazz@gmail.com]
Sent: 24 February 2006 18:05
To: BJaY
Subject: Re: [PlanetCCRMA] VST in Fedora Core 4. Success anyone?

BJaY wrote:

>I got :
>
>[root@localhost fst-1.7]# make
>cp -a `find . | grep 'vstsdk[^/]*\$'`/source/common ./vst
>cp: cannot stat `/source/common': No such file or directory
>make: *** [hackheaders] Error 1
>
>Tried nameing the vst sdk folder a number of different things a number of different things.
>
>I forgot to mention, before building fst you have to unzip the VST SDK
>in a folder named "vst" in the fst source directory.

 hi,if you're using the last vstsdk2.4,it doesn't  work with the current
fst1.7 version,cause the files are changed.
 Get the vstsdk2.3 here
http://www.irf.se/~ionogram/ionogram/SDK/VST%20Plug-Ins%20SDK%202.3/vstsdk2.3.zip

and follow the steps  as explained here:

 http://joebutton.co.uk/fst/

  Hope this help.

Saludos.
--Carlos.