[PlanetCCRMA] Rezound and AMS : unmet dependencies:

Nigel Henry cave.dnb@tiscali.fr
Fri Mar 10 11:32:02 2006

On Friday 10 March 2006 13:36, Cumhur Erkut wrote:
> Hi,
>
> on FC4 (2.6.14-0.10.rrt.rhfc4.ccrmasmp #1 SMP PREEMPT),
>
> <apt-get install planetccrma-audiovideoapps> gives the following error:
>
> <...
> or been moved out of Incoming.
>
> Since you only requested a single operation it is extremely likely that
> the package is simply not installable and a bug report against
> that package should be filed.

>    planetccrma-audiovideoapps: Depends: ams but it is not going to be
> installed Depends: rezound but it is not going to be installed E: Broken
> packages
>

> <apt-get install ams rezond> shows
> <
>    ams: Depends: libsfftw.so.2
>         Depends: libsrfftw.so.2
>    rezound: Depends: libfftw.so.2
>             Depends: librfftw.so.2
> E: Broken packages
>

> I think these are related to fftw, so <rpm -q fftw> shows fftw-3.1-3.fc4,
> which is the newest version. I saw a similar, unresolved thread on REZOUND
> (Fri, 2006-02-17 at 08:39 -0500, Matt Silbernagel). How should I proceed?
> Can this be related to the SMP kernel?
>
> Thanks
>
> -- Cumhur

Hi Cumhur. I'm just DLing Rezound on my new install of FC4, and its getting
fftw 2.1.5-2.rhfc4.ccrma, along with Fox, and Soundtouch. I suspect you may
have been getting updates from more repo's than planetccrma's, and that's why
you have a later version of fftw. If this is the case, su to root on the CLI,
and open a text editor, and go to /etc/apt/sources.list (which may be a
directory. sources.list.d) . Comment out all repo's, apart from
planetccrma's, putting a # mark at the start of their lines.

As you seem to have installed the later version from somewhere, you need to
get rid of it. Check in, /var/cache/apt/archives to see if the later version
is there. If so, su to root on the CLI, and type the following.
rm -f /var/cache/apt/archives/<filename>
Make sure to replace <filename> with the correct filename. You may also find
fftw3 file there as well. Make sure you delete the correct one.

As an alternative you can do,  apt-get clean , which will empty the whole
archive.

Next. on ther CLI as root, open Synaptic. Go to the newer version of fftw and
remove it, which will uninstall it. close synaptic.

Still on the CLI as root, apt-get update , which will update the headers, only
using the planetccrma repo. then, apt-get install rezound , and hopefully now
it will install the needed version of fftw, along with rezound.

See how this goes. Nigel.

BTW. I did post that other guy back offlist, to see if he'd fixed the Rezound
problem, and got back a yes. It's always nice to post back to the list if
something worked, which often helps others.