[PlanetCCRMA] Rezound and AMS : unmet dependencies:

Fri Mar 10 12:10:01 2006

On Fri, 2006-03-10 at 20:31 +0100, Nigel Henry wrote:
> On Friday 10 March 2006 13:36, Cumhur Erkut wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > on FC4 (2.6.14-0.10.rrt.rhfc4.ccrmasmp #1 SMP PREEMPT),
> >
> > <apt-get install planetccrma-audiovideoapps> gives the following error:
> >
> > <...
> > Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
> > requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
> > distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
> > or been moved out of Incoming.
> >
> > Since you only requested a single operation it is extremely likely that
> > the package is simply not installable and a bug report against
> > that package should be filed.
> > The following information may help to resolve the situation:

> >    planetccrma-audiovideoapps: Depends: ams but it is not going to be
> > installed Depends: rezound but it is not going to be installed E: Broken
> > packages
> >

> > <apt-get install ams rezond> shows
> > <
> >    ams: Depends: libsfftw.so.2
> >         Depends: libsrfftw.so.2
> >    rezound: Depends: libfftw.so.2
> >             Depends: librfftw.so.2
> > E: Broken packages
> >

> > I think these are related to fftw, so <rpm -q fftw> shows fftw-3.1-3.fc4,
> > which is the newest version. I saw a similar, unresolved thread on REZOUND
> > (Fri, 2006-02-17 at 08:39 -0500, Matt Silbernagel). How should I proceed?
> > Can this be related to the SMP kernel?
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > -- Cumhur
>
> Hi Cumhur. I'm just DLing Rezound on my new install of FC4, and its getting
> fftw 2.1.5-2.rhfc4.ccrma, along with Fox, and Soundtouch. I suspect you may
> have been getting updates from more repo's than planetccrma's, and that's why
> you have a later version of fftw.

It is coming from the Fedora Extras repository, I think. They have named
the packages differently, Planet CCRMA's fftw3 is their fftw and fftw is
fftw2. Even with this I think things should install (the requirements
are only attached to the libraries, not the package names).

What happens if you try to install this:
  apt-get install fftw2 fftw

-- Fernando