[PlanetCCRMA] Ardour/Delta1010 Question

kens kens@kensnet.org
Tue Mar 14 12:43:00 2006

Joseph Dell'Orfano wrote:

> {snip}
>
> -Joe
>

> On Fri, 2006-03-10 at 07:46 +0000, Ken Smith wrote:
>

>> {snip}

OK thanks for that - it makes sense. Now to a more basic question. Is
the S/PDIF ouput on the 1010 functional with the current Linux driver?
Under Windoze I can get output from it. But not a trace with the Linux
driver. Sticking a 'scope on the output shows no nice digital data at all.

I've twiddled all the settings in envy24control, alsamixer and so on. I
have nice levels showing in envy24control but no digits coming out of
the RCA jack. It is set to 44.1 internal clock,

Is there some simple test I can do like cat'ing a file to a device to
see if I can get a noise to come out?

I'd really appreciate a pointer here as I'm a bit stuck and I'd rather
use the digital output if I possibly can. I bet there is some secret
incantation I have missed. The digital output on the AC97 sound card on
the MB is working.

Thanks

Ken