[PlanetCCRMA] Up to date

Renato Fabbri renatoftato@yahoo.com
Tue Mar 14 17:32:00 2006

--- Fernando Lopez-Lezcano <nando@ccrma.Stanford.EDU>
wrote:

> On Tue, 2006-03-14 at 15:24 -0800, Renato Fabbri
> wrote:
> > ok, but for the unistallation step of xx, when I
> go
> > rpm -e xx, it gives erros becouse package yy and
> zz
> > (maybe aa and bb too) depends on package xx so it
> does
> > not unistall. should I install with flag
> --prefix=/src
> > on configure step without uninstalling?
>
> Yeah, you won't be able to uninstall without
> dependency problems (that's
> the whole point of having dependencies in the first
> place).
>
> Your only choice is to install on _top_ of the
> already installed
> package, but then who knows if something will
> break... Sorry about the
> very old versions.
>
> -- Fernando

I thank you very much for maintaining ccrma packages.
IŽll try to install new versions on _top_ of jack and
pd, and write back to say how it goes.

btw, good istructions (web pages, manuals) for newbies
are rare, had to run 3 google pages to find a "make
uninstall" command. IŽll build a blog or something to
give this standard basic procedures. There are missing
instructions to use the ccrma package (running
programs, setup, getting new versions and installing
them..). Is it ok to put some of them there? It is
somethig I can do as a musician, not as a computer
student that I am not.

thanks
ref