[PlanetCCRMA] Looking for Laptop Configuration

Charlls Quarra charlls_quarra@yahoo.com.ar
Tue Mar 21 23:46:01 2006

--0-621996030-1143013502=:22149

  Since the freebob backend was just commited to jack cvs, I would begin to consider seriously a firewire interface for linux. usb audio is in general not very reliable, with the exception of the least demanding usages, so it would be dependant on your usage, so, it wouldn't work "really well"

pga123@ntlworld.com escribió:
  Hi,

I want to get a laptop and use a usb sound card to do CD quality
sound. (maybe single input, maybe more, not sure...) Also a usb
midi interface.

Is there anyone using a laptop/external sound combination that
works really well that would recommend it?

On the other hand is there any laptop with decent on board sound,
or is the usb solution the only route?

Any and all advice welcome.

Cheers,

Peter