[PlanetCCRMA] Just got FC4 working, and installed ccrma 4 OK!! But I downloaded FC5 and going to try that.

wb0fhu@earthlink.net wb0fhu@earthlink.net
Fri Mar 24 19:06:01 2006

------=_NextPart_812411256173927193

I finally got a solution to the libstdc++ issue I wrote about the other day.  The solution was to install EVERYTHING.   Then ran a reboot/update with the ccrma 4, and everything was found, and it all installed nicely.  Really nice job.  I couldn't hear anything when I tried the apps (Rosegarden and Ardour), but I will fight that later.

So I downloaded the FC5 i386 today, and am now installing it.  It is much smoother, and found my onboard video card, so I can run in higher resolution.  I will wait for CCRMA 5 and download that.  That will give me time to think about Jack...for some reason, I have yet to get any audio out of the sound card, except for playing CDs.  That works fine.  Got any tips where I can get some advice as to how to set up jack to get my Midiman 2x2 Midi interface working with Jack and rosegarden...is there a FC driver for it?

Thanks for all the help, and sorry I'm so slow at this.

Joe Fay
------=_NextPart_812411256173927193

<HTML style="FONT-SIZE: x-small; FONT-FAMILY: MS Sans Serif"><HEAD>
<META http-equiv=Content-Type content="text/html; charset=windows-1251">
<META content="MSHTML 6.00.2900.2838" name=GENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY>
<P>
<DIV>I finally got a solution to the libstdc++ issue I wrote about the other day.&nbsp; The solution was to install EVERYTHING.&nbsp;&nbsp; Then ran a reboot/update with the ccrma 4, and everything was found, and it all installed nicely.&nbsp; Really nice job.&nbsp; I couldn't hear anything when I tried the apps (Rosegarden and Ardour), but I will fight that later.&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>So I downloaded the FC5 i386 today, and am now installing it.&nbsp; It is much smoother, and found my onboard video card, so I can run in higher resolution.&nbsp; I will wait for CCRMA 5 and download that.&nbsp; That will give me time to think about Jack...for some reason, I have yet to get any audio out of the sound card, except for playing CDs.&nbsp; That works fine.&nbsp; Got any tips where I can get some advice as to how to set up jack to get my Midiman 2x2 Midi interface working with Jack and rosegarden...is there a FC driver for it?</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Thanks for all the help, and sorry I'm so slow at this.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Joe Fay</DIV>
<P></P></BODY></HTML>
------=_NextPart_812411256173927193--