[PlanetCCRMA] ceres3

Wed Nov 8 10:57:01 2006

On Wed, 2006-11-08 at 05:18 -0800, na bob wrote:
> well i'm still a beginner in Linux so i'm not sure
> what i can do. I can tell you what i've got sofar.
> According help i got from the Apodio-distro
> (http://www.apo33.org/apodio/doku.php?id=forum:start)
> i got the following files that are needed:
> libXm.so,libXm.so.2.0,libXm.so, libXm.so.3.0
> I've put them in /usr/X11R6/lib because that's the
> place where they were in Apodio.
> Trying to install with the softwareinstaller from
> fedora6 i get the error of a dependency:
>
> Missing Dependency: /usr/bin/sndplay is needed by
> package ceres3
> Missing Dependency: libXm.so.3 is needed by package
> ceres3
>
> That's about it. Do you hane any suggestions?

That you wait a little bit till I start building packages for Fedora
Core 6 (I had to do an os reinstall / upgrade in my main build server
box and that took a while... almost done now).

If you are trying to install an earlier binary on fc6 you will probably
run into dependency problems. How did you install those libX* libraries?
Copying them directly? From where? To maintain consistency all installs
should be done through rpm or one of the dependency resolving programs
(yum, apt, etc).

-- Fernando