[PlanetCCRMA] snd card now not working. apparently slipped from Card 1 to Card 0.

Wed Nov 15 15:51:02 2006

On Wed, 2006-11-15 at 14:37 -0800, Brad Fuller wrote:

> >> That's strange as the Midisport 8x8 LED is flashing slowly - which
> >> indicates that the driver was loaded into it.
> >
> > I take it you have cold booted and the same thing happens, right?
> >
> Yes. Another thread - [linux-audio-user] fxload and Midisport firmware -
> reveals some interesting info on this.

> >> Hmmm, what does this mean?
> >>
> >> $ cat /etc/asound.conf
> >> #Generated by system-config-soundcard, do not edit by hand
> >> #SWCONF
> >> #DEV 0
> >> defaults.pcm.card 1
> >> defaults.pcm.device 0
> >> defaults.ctl.card 1
> >>

> > It looks like the default card is now card 1 device 0. But according to
> > your previous post:
> >
> > # cat /proc/asound/cards
> >
> >>  0 [M66            ]: ICE1712 - M Audio Delta 66
> >>                       M Audio Delta 66 at 0xece0, irq 20
> >>

> > ..there's only one card, so that is wrong.
> > Fedora is definitely confused about soundcards...
> >
> > Maybe run system-config-soundcard to see if it is smart enough to fix things?
> >
> I actually did that and it came up with the same config. I assume I
> can't change this file as it will be overwritten?

You can try changing it by hand, probably no harm will come of it. But
that will not solve the midisport problem. I wonder what triggered that.
Can you search /var/log/messages for lines that include usb or midisport
in them? There may be clues there...

> > Do you remember what you did right before things started to not work?
> >
> HA! I'm too old to remember. (||: note to self: take notes :||)

Hmmm, remember what?... :-)
-- Fernando