[PlanetCCRMA] Easy Question - Keyboard / Mouse

Bob Wilkinson wilkinson.bob@comcast.net
Fri Nov 17 09:47:00 2006

Well, I'm finally setting up a dual core Athlon X2 box, and one rather seemingly simple question showed up - would it make more sense to run with a PS2 keyboard and mouse, or USB?  Does the USB driver take enough processor that it makes a difference?  Is the USB option actually more processor efficient than PS2?

I guess I always just assumed that it was better to stay with the "old" technology PS2 keyboards and mice, but I don't have enough hardware and interrupt background to know that positively.

Either a "Big Bird" simple answer or a college course "101" level explanation would be fine.  Come to think of it, the college level "101" answer would actually be kinda nice to know.

Anyway, thanks in advance!