[PlanetCCRMA] Easy Question - Keyboard / Mouse

Fri Nov 17 10:24:00 2006

On Fri, 2006-11-17 at 17:46 +0000, Bob Wilkinson wrote:
> Well, I'm finally setting up a dual core Athlon X2 box, and one
> rather seemingly simple question showed up - would it make more
> sense to run with a PS2 keyboard and mouse, or USB?  Does the USB
> driver take enough processor that it makes a difference?  Is the
> USB option actually more processor efficient than PS2?

I have no idea about the relative merits, but I'm using usb
keyboards/mice here at ccrma (in Athlon x2 boxes) with no problems...
The only gotcha with the motherboards I selected was that you needed to
enable usb keyboard/mice support in the BIOS, otherwise grub would not
see them.

-- Fernando