[PlanetCCRMA] fc5 or fc6, i386 or x86_64

Thu Jan 4 09:50:01 2007

On Thu, 2007-01-04 at 00:15 +0000, Jeff Sandys wrote:
> Thanks everyone for the advise, I'll start with fc6_i386 because
> it has Pure Data and CMUCL.  Just a few more novice questions,
>
> Should I disable SELinux security?  This is a single user laptop.

I don't think it is necessary to do that (AFAIK).

> Low latency kernel can be installed later without wrecking everything?

Yes, it can be installed when I make it available. It should not wreck
anything... it may not boot, but hopefully it will not do anything
bad :-)

> Does the NVidia kmod get in the way of CCRMA or low latency?

I have not tried to build the kernel module on top of the low latency
kernel so I can't comment on that...

-- Fernando