[PlanetCCRMA] Wireless Module iwl3945

Tue Jul 3 11:15:02 2007

On Tue, 2007-07-03 at 14:06 -0400, John Dey wrote:
> Hi,
>
> What are the chances of getting the following wireless rpm available
> for the rt kernels?  I haven't had good luck with wireless in the past
> running out of the box.  The above module did--even with wpa2.
>
> # locate 3945
> /lib/firmware/iwlwifi-3945.ucode
> /lib/modules/2.6.21-1.3194.fc7/kernel/drivers/net/wireless/mac80211/
> iwlwifi/iwl3945.ko
> /lib/modules/2.6.21-1.3228.fc7/kernel/drivers/net/wireless/mac80211/
> iwlwifi/iwl3945.ko

I was actually working on 3945 yesterday.

The Fedora stock kernels have an extra patch for a 3945 driver but I
think that one is sort of experimental. I have a new laptop that needs
this and I managed to create a kmod-ipw3945 kernel module yesterday that
appears to work (together with the firmware and a "regulatory daemon" -
all borrowed from dag's rpm respository but needs tweaks to build in my
system). Maybe in a couple of days I'll release something.

[I did not add the Fedora patches that include support for those devices
as I'm trying to stay close to the stock kernel and Ingo's patches - the
problem is that the Planet CCRMA kernel drifts with respect to
Fedora's[*], oh well...]

-- Fernando

[*] another example is the firewire stack.