[PlanetCCRMA] Planet CCRMA x86_64 and Adour/Ardour2 XRuns

Fri Mar 9 15:39:01 2007

On Fri, 2007-03-09 at 23:22 +0200, Beepo / Vanguard wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Forgive me writing such a long version, but it includes the whole path
> of the upgrade. The actual questions can be found at the very end of
> this message ;) Anyway thanks again for all that have been there for me
> earlier and especially for Fernando for the hard work.
>
> I've just installed the x86_64 version of Planet CCRMA on a fresh FC6
> installation. I knew I would be taking a bit of a risk since I had
> perfectly working 32bit version on FC5 but the temptation was too big.
>
> The installation was almost a walk in the park. I did a completelly
> fresh install of FC6 and updated it with yum before the Planet CCRMA
> installation. Only thing that I had to do when installing the
> planetccrma-core package was to force the pam to install. For that I
> downloaded the CCRMA pam package and installed it manually by issuing
> command: rpm -Uhv --force pam-0.99.6.2-3.16.1.fc6.ccrma.x86_64.rpm

Hmmm, why was it not installing? "--force" is _always_ a bad idea, it
means there's something wrong with the package database. Do you remember
what the error was? (I don't have an x86_64 machine to test this on).

-- Fernando