[PlanetCCRMA] Planet CCRMA x86_64 and Adour/Ardour2 XRuns

Anthony Green green@redhat.com
Sat Mar 10 16:41:01 2007

On Sat, 2007-03-10 at 16:03 +0200, Beepo / Vanguard wrote:
> It seems that I might pinpointed the problem of the XRuns. I did my
> homework by reading through the net and it seems the XRuns could be
> caused by a known problem with very small floating point processing
> inside the some ladspa plugins. So this is not necessarily a Ardour
> problem. At least the XRuns went away when I removed the CAPS: AmpIV -
> Tube amb emulation. Some other plugins are working ok.

What kind of processor are you using?

I'm wondering if the problem would go away if the floating point
operations in the CAPS plugins used SSE hardware instead of the 387.  It
would be helpful if you could rebuild CAPS with gcc's -msse2 and see if
that makes a difference.  If so, I'd like to put a little effort into
building and distributing multiple versions of these ladspa plugins.

Thanks,

AG