[PlanetCCRMA] CAPS plugins (denormals) causing xruns on Ardour

Beepo / Vanguard beepo@vanguard.fi
Sat Mar 10 17:41:03 2007

Hi,

I tried this only briefly and only with few combinations of CFLAG
values. I'll try to do more testing as soon as possible.

I removed the precompiled version of caps plugins, retrieved the source
for caps-0.3.0 and tried following version of CFLAGS with them setting
the OPTS variable in the MakeFile:

1st:
OPTS = -O6 -ffast-math -funroll-loops -Wall -fPIC -DPIC -msse2

2nd (including the suggestions in the MakeFile):
OPTS = -O6 -ffast-math -funroll-loops -Wall -fPIC -DPIC -msse2
-mfpmath=sse -pipe -ftracer -m3dnow

Both versions still had the same symptoms xrunning after a transport
stop in ardour when I tried with 'AmpIV - Tube amb emulation + tone
controls'

I'm using AMD Athlon64 3000+ processor. Below is the contents
of /proc/cpuinfo

processor       : 0
vendor_id       : AuthenticAMD
cpu family      : 15
model           : 12
model name      : AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3000+
stepping        : 0
cpu MHz         : 2002.619
cache size      : 512 KB
fpu             : yes
fpu_exception   : yes
cpuid level     : 1
wp              : yes
flags           : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge
mca cmov pat pse36 clflush mmx fxsr sse sse2 syscall nx mmxext lm
3dnowext 3dnow up
bogomips        : 4008.25
TLB size        : 1024 4K pages
clflush size    : 64