[PlanetCCRMA] some weirdnesses on fc6 with reent upgrades

Tue Mar 13 13:37:02 2007

On Tue, 2007-03-13 at 20:57 +0100, joakim@verona.se wrote:
> I've been using ccrma on my i386 fc6 laptop for some time, and it has worked
> mostly well.
>
> Recently, however, all sorts of weirdness has crept in, I think only
> caused by yum upgrades.
>
> - qjackctl doesnt start. it just hangs before starting the gui.
> strace indicates its hanging on reading something.

It does not help to not know what it was trying to read :-)

You could try resetting the stored defaults for qjackctl, you should
find them in "~/.qt/qjackctlrc". Just erase the file (or move it to a
different location) and it will be recreated next time you start
qjackctl.

> - Bristol just crashes(but I only recently installed it, so I dont
>   know if it ever worked)
>
> - my wlan doesnt work anymore

What kernel are you booting? (type "uname -r" in a terminal to find
out). It could be that the standard Fedora kernel has extra drivers that
cover your wireless card and they are not part of the rt kernel (which
is based on the vanilla Linus kernel plus Ingo's patches).

Try booting into the Fedora kernel and see if wireless starts working
again.

-- Fernando