[PlanetCCRMA] Please help, midi keyboard doesn't work in rosegarden

Thu Mar 22 08:31:02 2007

On Wed, 2007-03-21 at 10:33 -0400, Alex Ivanov wrote:
> Hi! I found a post about not working midi keyboard:
> http://ccrma-mail.stanford.edu/pipermail/planetccrma/2006-September/012459.html
> I have the same problem. I can play midi files in rosegarden but I can't
> make my midi keyboard produce any sound.

It is not clear to me what you want to do. Do you wanto to play a
software synth in realtime from an external keyboard? If that's the case
then you need to connect the keyboard "output" to a synth's midi input.
You can do that in the MIDI connections tab of qjackctl, for example. A
good app to test midi stuff is kmidimon, you can connect it to the
keyboard to see if it is sending midi commands.

-- Fernando