[PlanetCCRMA] sound troubleshooting help needed

Tom Poe tompoe@fngi.net
Thu Mar 29 09:52:02 2007

FC5 with planetccrma kernel sound issues -> no sound

Quite a while ago, I got some good tips on troubleshooting no sound
issue on FC4.  Fernando suggested bringing up a couple of cli terminal
thingys, and a couple of commands.  I was able to boot my machine, bring
up a terminal, and type commands to get it working.  I can't remember
the steps to take to determine where and what to troubleshoot, though.
I tried to walk my daughter through the point 'n click options on her
FC5 system, but that didn't work.  Any help appreciated.
Tom