[PlanetCCRMA] OT: FC5/6 on AMD K-6 500Mhz

Ken Smith kens@kensnet.org
Tue May 8 05:36:02 2007

Louis van Dompselaar wrote:

>> I agree its either hardware or the K6 isn't really i586
> This is the Linux telephony (Asterisk) server at work.  No problems
> with that at all
> running FC1 (sorry, no 5 or 6). Although I'm not sure what "i586 i586
> i386" means.
> Is it running a 586 kernel or is it seeing a 586 and running 386?
> {snippage}

Well sad to say the MB died. It actually started running 10x slower than
before. Its floppy controller had died previously and I suspect that the
IDE controller was on its way out as its in the same chip. Time to put
my efforts into some more current hardware.

Thanks for the help

Ken

believed to be clean.