[PlanetCCRMA] m-audio quattro again

Hakan Koseoglu hakan.koseoglu@gmail.com
Thu May 10 15:23:00 2007

Hi Juan & all,

Juan I Reyes said the following on 04/10/2007 05:31 PM:

> So I decided to put my M-Audio Quattro out of the closet and have fun
> with ALSA again. To my surprise it is still operational (I had not used
> it since FC-2).  It works with Jack amd ALSA on FC-6 kernel:
> 2.6.20-0119.rt8.3.fc6.ccrmart #1 SMP PREEMPT

Well, I just got a Quattro today (ebay rules :) ) and plugged it in.
Finally I managed to get two channels out of it (in and out) but
whatever I do I can't get it to 4.

Is PlanetCCRMA kernel a must? For some reason my FC6 decided to use
non-realtime stock FC kernels but I don't remember doing anything
related to that.

> alias snd-card-1 snd-usb-audio
> options snd-usb-audio index=1
Done that.
[root@photon ~]# cat /proc/asound/cards
  0 [Intel          ]: HDA-Intel - HDA Intel
                       HDA Intel at 0xefebc000 irq 20
  1 [Quattro        ]: USB-Audio - USB Audio Quattro
                       M Audio USB Audio Quattro at usb-0000:00:1d.2-1,
full speed

> Then I copied '.asoundrc ' to my $HOME directory form Patrick Shirkey email at:
Done that as well.

> After this I have to restart ALSA with '/etc/rc.d/init.d/alsasound
> restart' or simply reboot the machine.
I appear to not to have this! I wonder where it dissapeared to. OTOH,
Jack appears to work fine with alsa.

> The only nontrivial trick is on 'Qjackctl / setup / interface'.
> In order to obtain the q4 setup on '.asoundrc' with Qjackctl on setup /
> Interface I had to manually enter 'q4'. Frames/Period needs to be 1024
> because the Quattro doesn't like lower values. Periods/Buffer,  I left
> it as 2.
I tried this. I set it to playback only and set it to 4 channels. Jack
wouldn't start up. OTOH, I'm not sure it is picking up my new .asoundrc
file since I can't see the q4 interface in the drop-down list, I can
only see hw:1, hw:1,0 and hw:1,1.

Any ideas, anyone?