[PlanetCCRMA] m-audio quattro again

Juan I Reyes juanig@ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Fri May 11 15:51:00 2007

Hello Hakan,

Have you tried rebooting with the Quattro switched ON ?.
Is there a USB module in modprobe.conf ?.

In .asoundrc "q4" will be the device that outputs four channels. Also as
per you "cat /proc/asound/cards" the quattro is hw:1,0 and hw:1,1.

.asoundrc needs to be in your home directory. Now on Qjackctl on:
setup/settings/interface/  you need to manually write q4 because it
doesn't appear in the drop-down list. Jack should start and I don't
think you need to specify the number of output channels which defaults
to zero.

I have tried the Quattro with FC-6 stock kernels and it also
works. /etc/rc.d/init.d/alsasound is not available in FC-6 stock
kernels.

I think this thread might be helpful for Oded also. Hope it works.

  Good luck,

  --* Juan