[PlanetCCRMA] Re: SuperCollider on FC7

joey.a joey.a" <joey.a at accelerators.co.uk
Wed Nov 21 11:30:17 2007

Nope. Experience suggests there is no fix. I made a similar mistake.
Installed FC7, with help, only to find that SC only works on 32 bit FC.

However, it does, apparently, work on 64 bit Ubuntu.

Unfortunately for me, my helper is not keen to now uninstall FC (FOC), so I
can install Ubuntu, so am currently using SC on my Windows partition.

This does, of course, mean that nothing else on Planet CCRMA is available
then.

> Message: 2
> Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2007 23:06:55 -0800
> From: Ken Dawson <dawsonwu@rahul.net>
> To: planetccrma@ccrma.Stanford.EDU
> Subject: [PlanetCCRMA] conflicts installing supercollider on F7 Planet
>
> Hi,
>
> I run "yum install supercollider*" on an F7-based PlanetCCRMA
installation, and
> get the following conflict report:
>

> Transaction Check Error:
>    file /usr/lib/debug/usr/lib/SuperCollider/plugins/JoshUGens.so.debug
> conflicts between attempted installs of
> supercollider-joshlib-debuginfo-061031-2.fc7.ccrma and
> supercollider-sc3-plugins-debuginfo-0.20070712-1.119svn.fc7.ccrma
>    file
/usr/lib/debug/usr/lib/SuperCollider/plugins/BEQSuiteUGens.so.debug