[PlanetCCRMA] Re: SuperCollider on FC7

Thu Nov 22 11:04:01 2007

On Wed, 2007-11-21 at 19:29 +0000, joey.a wrote:
> Nope. Experience suggests there is no fix. I made a similar mistake.
> Installed FC7, with help, only to find that SC only works on 32 bit FC.

I think he is running FC7 32 bits, it is just a problem of trying to
install debuginfo packages. Supercollider should work fine on fc7 32
bits.

> However, it does, apparently, work on 64 bit Ubuntu.

I think that when I checked that version does not include the whole
thing, only the part (the Supercollider dsp engine) that actually works
fine on 64 bit operating systems.

Supercollider can be coaxed to run on 64 bits but it involves quite a
bit of work (a chroot for a 32 bit world, etc, etc).

> Unfortunately for me, my helper is not keen to now uninstall FC (FOC), so I
> can install Ubuntu, so am currently using SC on my Windows partition.

If you try to do that make sure that the Ubuntu implementation is
complete. They may have a full package but that's not what I understood
a while back when I checked.

Obviously it would be simple to reinstall a 32 bit version of Fedora
over the current install of 64 bit FC (you don't need to uninstall, you
just install on the partition that you were using, the old one is
rewritten and dissapears - together with any data you did not back up,
of course).

-- Fernando