[PlanetCCRMA] SuperCollider on FC7

Joshua Parmenter joshp at u.washington.edu
Wed Nov 21 13:10:01 2007

You may even want to try building it yourself. The scons scripts seem
to work well. The extension libraries listed in your email are here:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/sc3-plugins/

There is a tar ball source release that, when expanded in the
supercollider source directory, should build.

Best,

Josh

On Nov 21, 2007, at 12:00 PM, planetccrma-request@ccrma.Stanford.EDU
wrote:

> Message: 6
> From: "joey.a" <joey.a@accelerators.co.uk>
> To: <planetccrma@ccrma.Stanford.EDU>
> Cc: <dawsonwu@rahul.net>
> Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2007 19:29:44 -0000
> Subject: [PlanetCCRMA] Re: SuperCollider on FC7
>
> Nope. Experience suggests there is no fix. I made a similar mistake.
> Installed FC7, with help, only to find that SC only works on 32 bit
> FC.
>
> However, it does, apparently, work on 64 bit Ubuntu.
>
> Unfortunately for me, my helper is not keen to now uninstall FC
> (FOC), so I
> can install Ubuntu, so am currently using SC on my Windows partition.
>
> This does, of course, mean that nothing else on Planet CCRMA is
> available
> then.
>

>> Message: 2
>> Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2007 23:06:55 -0800
>> From: Ken Dawson <dawsonwu@rahul.net>
>> To: planetccrma@ccrma.Stanford.EDU
>> Subject: [PlanetCCRMA] conflicts installing supercollider on F7
>> Planet
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I run "yum install supercollider*" on an F7-based PlanetCCRMA
> installation, and
>> get the following conflict report:
>>

>> Transaction Check Error:
>>   file /usr/lib/debug/usr/lib/SuperCollider/plugins/
>> JoshUGens.so.debug
>> conflicts between attempted installs of
>> supercollider-joshlib-debuginfo-061031-2.fc7.ccrma and
>> supercollider-sc3-plugins-debuginfo-0.20070712-1.119svn.fc7.ccrma
>>   file
> /usr/lib/debug/usr/lib/SuperCollider/plugins/BEQSuiteUGens.so.debug
>> conflicts between attempted installs of
>> supercollider-beqsuite-debuginfo-052406-2.fc7.ccrma and
>> supercollider-sc3-plugins-debuginfo-0.20070712-1.119svn.fc7.ccrma
>>
>> Is this something I can fix in my request somehow, or should it bet
> resolved in
>> the repository?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> /ken

Joshua Parmenter
University of Washington
Center for Digital Arts and Experimental Media
Seattle, Washington 98195

http://www.realizedsound.net/josh/
http://www.dxarts.washington.edu