[PlanetCCRMA] ZynAddSubFX problems still unresolved on F7/F8 with KDE

Mysth-R mysthr21 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 23 12:56:01 2007

------=_Part_35094_4400222.1195851353005

I just tried on my fc8 with KDE, and there is no problem ...
there is no huge increase of the CPU usage. Perhaps 10 or 20% only.

What are the characteristics of your cpu ?

2007/11/23, Nigel Henry <cave.dnb@tiscali.fr>:

> Sorry to come back with this unresolved problem, which appears to be
> specific
> to KDE on F7, and F8 now.
>
> Starting Zyn from KDE's desktop results in 100% CPU useage, mouse pointer
> is
> difficult to move. Clicking on minimize on Zyn's main window reduces CPU
> useage to normal. Clicking on a child window in Zyn, then clicking on
> minimize, Zyn minimizes to the panel, and the child window opens, and I
> can
> make changes to various parameters, etc.
>
> With Zyn's main window open on KDE, I click on close, then minimize. Zyn
> minimizes to the panel, and the small window opens on KDE saying "Exit and
> leave the unsaved data" "Yes or No". That works ok, and clicking on yes,
> Zyn
> shuts down.
>
> I have never had problems like this before with Zyn on KDE. On FC1 to FC5
> on
> this machine, no problems, neither with Debian, Slackware, Kubuntu, or
> Gentoo
> on the same machine.
>
> Can anyone verify if they see the same problems using ZynAddSubFX on F7,
> and
> F8, and specifically using KDE. Fernando has already said that with Gnome
> on
> F7 there are no problems with Zyn, and I verified that on the machine that
> has F7. Havn't tried Zyn with Gnome on F8 yet, but I expect it to work, as
> on
> F7.
>
> In many ways I'm not too bothered, as Zyn works well on FC2, but I'd like
> discover what is causing these problems on F7, and F8 with KDE.
>
> Any suggestions/help appreciated.
>
> Nigel.

{^_^} Mysth-R {^_^}

http://myspace.com/mysthr
http://myspace.com/aideauditive
<A href=http://mysthr.free.fr/ErwanInyzant/>Gagner plein d'argent en restant
chez soit</A>

------=_Part_35094_4400222.1195851353005

2007/11/23, Nigel Henry &lt;<a href="mailto:cave.dnb@tiscali.fr">cave.dnb@tiscali.fr</a>&gt;:</span><blockquote class="gmail_quote" style="border-left: 1px solid rgb(204, 204, 204); margin: 0pt 0pt 0pt 0.8ex; padding-left: 1ex;">
http://mysthr.free.fr/ErwanInyzant/</a>&gt;Gagner plein d&#39;argent en restant chez soit&lt;/A&gt;

------=_Part_35094_4400222.1195851353005--