[PlanetCCRMA] ZynAddSubFX problems still unresolved on F7/F8 with KDE

Nigel Henry cave.dnb at tiscali.fr
Fri Nov 23 15:41:01 2007

On Friday 23 November 2007 21:55, Mysth-R wrote:

> 2007/11/23, Nigel Henry <cave.dnb@tiscali.fr>:
> > Sorry to come back with this unresolved problem, which appears to be
> > specific
> > to KDE on F7, and F8 now.
> >
> > Starting Zyn from KDE's desktop results in 100% CPU useage, mouse pointer
> > is
> > difficult to move. Clicking on minimize on Zyn's main window reduces CPU
> > useage to normal. Clicking on a child window in Zyn, then clicking on
> > minimize, Zyn minimizes to the panel, and the child window opens, and I
> > can
> > make changes to various parameters, etc.
> >
> > With Zyn's main window open on KDE, I click on close, then minimize. Zyn
> > minimizes to the panel, and the small window opens on KDE saying "Exit
> > and leave the unsaved data" "Yes or No". That works ok, and clicking on
> > yes, Zyn
> > shuts down.
> >
> > I have never had problems like this before with Zyn on KDE. On FC1 to FC5
> > on
> > this machine, no problems, neither with Debian, Slackware, Kubuntu, or
> > Gentoo
> > on the same machine.
> >
> > Can anyone verify if they see the same problems using ZynAddSubFX on F7,
> > and
> > F8, and specifically using KDE. Fernando has already said that with Gnome
> > on
> > F7 there are no problems with Zyn, and I verified that on the machine
> > that has F7. Havn't tried Zyn with Gnome on F8 yet, but I expect it to
> > work, as on
> > F7.
> >
> > In many ways I'm not too bothered, as Zyn works well on FC2, but I'd like
> > discover what is causing these problems on F7, and F8 with KDE.
> >
> > Any suggestions/help appreciated.
> >
> > Nigel.

> I just tried on my fc8 with KDE, and there is no problem ...
> there is no huge increase of the CPU usage. Perhaps 10 or 20% only.
>
> What are the characteristics of your cpu ?

Well the only thing I know about is dmidecode for getting info, and it won't
cooperate on this I-friend machine. It's a 1.3GHz Celeron processor, circa
2003.

Thanks for the feedback. At least Zyn is working on your machine with KDE, so
it seems to be a problem with KDE, and my hardware. Odd though that Zyn works
ok on the same machine with FC1,2,3,4, and 5, and also Debian Sarge, Etch,
Lenny, Slackware 10.0, Kubuntu, and Gentoo.

I'm at a  bit of a loss, as to what the problem is. I've posted the problem to
different lists, but with no feedback. Perhaps it's just a problem with my
machine, that noeone else is seeing.

Nigel.