[PlanetCCRMA] [Planet CCRMA] : Jack and Freebob issues on Fc8

Sat Nov 24 09:14:00 2007

On Sat, 2007-11-24 at 14:42 +0100, Mysth-R wrote:
> Hi,
> after a few tests, here the report :
>
> With Alsa on my other computer with an Echo Digital Audio Mia Midi Pci
> sound card, it works perfectly (fc8 with the ccrma rt kernel)
> With Alsa on my laptop (which has the firebox) : it works too.
>
> Using freebob on my laptop with or without any clients, make qjackctl
> stopping. Sometimes it does a Zombified Jack bla bla, and some other
> times, it freeze, and I have got a Knotify windows, to kill the
> process.
> But when I run ksysguard, jackd is still in the list of the process,
> and I can't kill it : doesn't disappear.

I smells like a kernel level problem.

> So when I try to run again qjackctl, it tells me that, there already
> is a Active server.

Do you see any oops or BUG messages in the output of dmesg or
in /var/log/messages?

> What Can I do, I am disappointed ! :O
> I think the issue comes from the firewire drivers, because freebob is
> not compatible with juju.

The Planet CCRMA kernel is not compiled with the juju firewire stack, so
the problem must be somewhere else (and Planet CCRMA also includes a
libraw1394 package that has also been compiled without the juju
patches).

-- Fernando