[PlanetCCRMA] qjackctl not starting

John Dey jsdey@optonline.net
Thu Sep 6 16:39:01 2007

Fernando,

Everything you indicated worked.  I actually have 3 usb connections
that show up in systems->administration->soundcard detection.  The one
that does not show in cat /proc/asound/card is a midisport 2x2.  I had
plugged it into usb port 0 and it became hw:0 not the onboard sound
card.  It is interesting that the debug cat /proc/asound/cards showed
the proper sound card as default but it seemed that when qjackctl input
was set to default it didn't find the proper soundcard.  I changed the
order of how I plugged the usb devices into the computer and reset the
default and away I went.  Sorry to have bothered you.  I will keep your
debugging steps around so that maybe next time I won't have to call for
help.  Thanks again--great to know you are around.

John