[PlanetCCRMA] Installing extra packages onto PlanetCCRMA

Michael TD Nelson m_nels@gmx.net
Sun Sep 16 07:23:00 2007

Hi all,

I could do with some advice.

I'd like to install a few software packages onto my fully-updated
PlanetCCRMA on FC6 install. They are mostly just general desktop
additions, which are lacking in FC6 for licensing reasons. Things like
mp3 libraries/plugins for xmms/audacity/etc, assorted web browser
multimedia plugins, and Firefox 2.

I gather that I can install some of these from a repo like livna, but
will this break my current install? I seem to remember someone once
recommending disabling the third-party repo after each installation.
Does this help?

Thanks
Michael