[PlanetCCRMA] Installing extra packages onto PlanetCCRMA

pyrael admin.covenantofblood@gmail.com
Mon Sep 17 10:00:01 2007

Fernando Lopez-Lezcano wrote:

> Planet CCRMA should be compatible with Livna... if it is not then let me
> know. As for other repos, it is difficult to test for compatibility all
> the time.
>
> It is generally a good idea to enable the repository just for the
> install of the package(s) you need. You could disable the extra ones by
> default and then:
>
>   yum --enablerepo yyy zzz
>
> where yyy is the repo the package is on, and zzz is the package.
>
> -- Fernando

Just Some Reassuarnce:
The Livna repo has never given me a problem as far as upgrading packages
goes. What I did find is that the Fedora repo WILL try to update CCRMA
Packages to versions that (in the past) have broken my install (FC5 and 6).
I use synaptic (even on FC7)  because I can "see" whom the package
(updateable) is coming from and decide weather or not to use/update it.