[PlanetCCRMA] Problem with jack

David Nielson naptastic at comcast.net
Thu Apr 3 08:56:36 PDT 2008

> I'll try and get some more output from dmesg, /proc/asound/, etc that might be of more assistance, but I wondered if anyone had seen the "RT" indicator light going on and off like this in qjackctl?

Yes, Len, I see that in the current and recent versions. (I think it's
supposed to look like a flashing "ON AIR" indicator.) IMO, the more
recent qjackctl program is much more annoying to use, as the RT
indicator flashes rather than staying solid, and you can no longer close
qjackctl while leaving the jack server running. But I haven't got around
to commenting about it.

I hope you find the source of your disconnection problem though! I'm
using an RME HDSP 9652, and it's flawless. With F8 and the latest
packages, I get no dropouts even at the lowest latency settings.

Thanks,
David