[PlanetCCRMA] Jamin (Off-topic?)

David Nielson naptastic at comcast.net
Mon Apr 28 12:11:25 PDT 2008

I notice that there hasn't been a new release of Jamin in 3 years. In
that time, computers have gotten lots faster. Is anything happening with
Jamin development?

I use Jamin for most every project I do, and it's wonderful, but there
are some features that I would love to have, and would make sense to
include now that computers are faster. For example:

- FFT updates > 10 per second (this should be obvious :-)
- Select number of channels per-instance (for example, have an instance
of Jamin process just one channel, to maximize the loudness of a vocal
track before mixing, or master a 5-channel surround mix in parallel)
- More frequency bands (vocal processing really calls for 5+ bands of
independent compression)
- Each frequency band could have its own output, and Jamin could be used
as a live sound crossover

I'm not a coder (*sniff*) but I'd be willing to contribute money to the
advancement of this already-wonderful tool.

What do y'all think?

David