[PlanetCCRMA] CentOS 5 RT Kernel and IPW3945

Roy Vestal rvestal at trilug.org
Fri Apr 4 13:17:39 PDT 2008

I am running CentOS 5 on a Thinkpad T60. I used the how to
http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/Installation_CentOS_5_on_a_Thinkpad_T60 to
install (notice the author ;)  ).

I installed planetccrma-repo-1.1-1.el5.ccrma from
http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/mirror/centos/linux/planetccrma/5/i386/ and ran "yum install planetccrma-core".

When I rebooted into the RT kernel, my wireless doesn't work. Since I
don't use anything but wireless this is a problem for me. :P

Anyway, I tried to recompile ipw3945-1.2.1 and ipw3945-1.2.2 and they
both fail. When I reboot into the previous kernel (2.6.18-53.1.6.el5)
the files compile fine.

If I boot into the previous kernel, the wireless works fine. RT kernel,
wpa_supplicant barks and SIGFAILS on eth1 (my wireless).

Suggestions where to start?