[PlanetCCRMA] nu Installed F8

Tue Apr 22 00:22:22 PDT 2008

On Tue, 2008-04-22 at 02:33 +0000, petoral at optonline.net wrote:
> finally installed F8-ccrma with kernel rt 2.6.24.3.
> for my video card i ended up using the geforce 8600 gt by inno.
> for soundcard i use rme-hammerfall hdsp9652
>
> as i just installed the planet core and started to install the audio apps,
> my questions;
>
> - for people who uses hdsp9652, is there a way to load the hdsp mixer when
> it boots up? if i don't open the hdsp mixer after the boot up, i don't hear
> any sound on any apps at all.  but after loading the hdsp mixer, its all fine.
> after reboot, same thing again no sound.

No, sorry, I don't have anything that can run at boot time. It should be
possible to create a script that uses amixer to set the matrix to
something reasonable but I have not written it yet :-)

> - i only choose to installed the kde F8 during installation.  so i was wandering
> if some of the apps that i installed doesn't work because it's not kde?
> like muse, tapestrea, aeolus, ecasound,

All applications should work. Whatever uses gnome will install the
gnome/gtk libraries and should work under any window manager.

> - how to find the newly installed apps as it doesn't shows on the menu?

Did you install planetccrma-menus? That will add a special menu tree
with most apps. Some of them are not included because they only make
sense to be used from the command line with specific parameters that
depend on what you want to do.