[PlanetCCRMA] new: gwc, updated on testing: ardour

Sun Dec 7 16:32:26 PST 2008

On Tue, 2008-12-02 at 19:16 -0800, pyrael wrote:
> Hi Fernando,
>
> Just a (somewhat) quick question.....
>
> on the ardour.org forums, there are a few discussions about VST And LV2
> Support. Has this build of 2.6.1 incorporated VST And LV2 Support?

VST support cannot be incorporated into any distributable binary build.
The Steinberg header files have a license that is incompatible with the
GPL.

Since then I have built 2.7.1 and I did not enable lv2 support. I'll see
what is involved with that.

> If so,
> are there any packages that I will need to update for a proper upgrade to
> 2.6.1? i ask because I recently installed some updates to my system where
> they required sbcl 1.0.22, however for some reason it could not find that
> version to add to the list of updates. I managed to find it in another repo
> via rpm.pbone.net and install it to satisfy the updates.

Is this on fc10?

> Also, I have not seen much negative or positive feedback regarding
> ardour-2.6.1 on the ardour forums. I suspect this is partly the cause of
> 2.7's release. I'm interested in your opinion on this one. I am currently
> running 2.4 so I was considering the upgrade, but now with 2.7 out, should I
> wait or will I need 2.6.1 to properly upgrade?

Sorry, I don't really know. I imagine newest is best but I can't be
sure. I a few tests I did for 2.7.1 under fc9 everything seemed to be
fine.