[PlanetCCRMA] CentOS ?

Don Estabrook don.estabrook at gmail.com
Mon Dec 8 17:38:20 PST 2008

On Sun, 2008-12-07 at 17:42 -0500, lanas wrote:
>   Anyone tried having CCRMA on a CentOS releae (32 or 64 bit) ?  Since
> they claim binary compatibility, maybe it should work fine.  Anyone
> actualled tried it ?

In case you or anyone else saw my post last week (subject: "Installing
on CentOS"), I can now report that after installing Fedora 8 + CCRMA +
all updates this past week-end, we still have occasional lock-ups, even
with the stock kernel.  So the problem doesn't seem to be related to
CentOS at all.  It's most likely something with our marginal HW,
although memtest86 doesn't detect any errors, and F7 + CCRMA had been
running, umm, "OK" on it -- not locking up or crashing anyway.  Looks as
though we'll be upgrading sooner rather than later...

Don