[PlanetCCRMA] Qjackctl connection saver (patchbay)

Nicholas Manojlovic nicholasmanojlovic at gmail.com
Wed Mar 5 00:45:01 2008

------=_Part_6056_2786198.1204706647913

ahhh, I am indeed using the snapshot feature.. I guess I'll dig deeper and
figure it out. good to know it can be done.

i guess I should learn how to do a bash script to restart apps

On Wed, Mar 5, 2008 at 7:39 PM, Rui Nuno Capela <rncbc@rncbc.org> wrote:

> On Wed, March 5, 2008 06:55, Nicholas Manojlovic wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >

> > When I use qjackctl I never use the patchbay function because the most
> > important things never work with it.
> >

> what are these most important things that never work with qjackctl
> patchbay?
>
> > My connection saver does not seem to save connections between my control
> > surface and freewheeling, and I still need to manually connect other
> > things. The patchbay definitions load fine, and I get no error messages.
> >
> > I want to use Linux live but I'm scared if I crash during performance,
> my
> >  ability to recover quickly isn't there. To this end, I'm wondering if
> > anyone has any thoughts on this?
> >

> qjackcatl patchbay won't (re)start applications but will take care of the
> (re)connections alright.
>
> it doesn't work ootb either. you need to understand the patchbay model and
> setup the patchbay definition with some care. just don't assume that the
> snapshot that you get when you hit the "new" button is of any use. it
> isn't. it helps in doing and refining things but it does not work as is.
> unless your connections layout is strictly simple (eg. only stereo audio)
>
> i'm the one to blame, sure, for the lack of documentation. however there's
> this attempt of explaining things a little bit:
>  http://www.rncbc.org/drupal/node/19#comment-37
>
> hth
>
> cheers.
> --
> rncbc aka Rui Nuno Capela
> rncbc@rncbc.org

------=_Part_6056_2786198.1204706647913

On Wed, Mar 5, 2008 at 7:39 PM, Rui Nuno Capela &lt;<a href="mailto:rncbc@rncbc.org">rncbc@rncbc.org</a>&gt; wrote:<br><blockquote class="gmail_quote" style="border-left: 1px solid rgb(204, 204, 204); margin: 0pt 0pt 0pt 0.8ex; padding-left: 1ex;">
On Wed, March 5, 2008 06:55, Nicholas Manojlovic wrote:<br>
&gt; Hi all,<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; When I use qjackctl I never use the patchbay function because the most<br>
&gt; important things never work with it.<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; My connection saver does not seem to save connections between my control<br>
&gt; surface and freewheeling, and I still need to manually connect other<br>
&gt; things. The patchbay definitions load fine, and I get no error messages.<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; I want to use Linux live but I&#39;m scared if I crash during performance, my<br>
&gt; &nbsp;ability to recover quickly isn&#39;t there. To this end, I&#39;m wondering if<br>
&gt; anyone has any thoughts on this?<br>
&gt;<br>
(re)connections alright.<br>
it doesn&#39;t work ootb either. you need to understand the patchbay model and<br>
setup the patchbay definition with some care. just don&#39;t assume that the<br>
snapshot that you get when you hit the &quot;new&quot; button is of any use. it<br>
isn&#39;t. it helps in doing and refining things but it does not work as is.<br>
unless your connections layout is strictly simple (eg. only stereo audio)<br>
i&#39;m the one to blame, sure, for the lack of documentation. however there&#39;s<br>
this attempt of explaining things a little bit:<br>
 &nbsp;<a href="http://www.rncbc.org/drupal/node/19#comment-37" target="_blank">http://www.rncbc.org/drupal/node/19#comment-37</a><br>
hth<br>
cheers.<br>
rncbc aka Rui Nuno Capela<br>