[PlanetCCRMA] Qjackctl connection saver (patchbay)

Rui Nuno Capela rncbc at rncbc.org
Wed Mar 5 00:40:01 2008

On Wed, March 5, 2008 06:55, Nicholas Manojlovic wrote:
> Hi all,
>

> When I use qjackctl I never use the patchbay function because the most
> important things never work with it.

what are these most important things that never work with qjackctl patchbay?

> My connection saver does not seem to save connections between my control
> surface and freewheeling, and I still need to manually connect other
> things. The patchbay definitions load fine, and I get no error messages.
>
> I want to use Linux live but I'm scared if I crash during performance, my
>  ability to recover quickly isn't there. To this end, I'm wondering if
> anyone has any thoughts on this?

qjackctl patchbay won't (re)start applications but will take care of the
(re)connections alright.

it doesn't work ootb either. you need to understand the patchbay model and
setup the patchbay definition with some care. just don't assume that the
snapshot that you get when you hit the "new" button is of any use. it
isn't. it helps in doing and refining things but it does not work as is.
unless your connections layout is strictly simple (eg. only stereo audio)

i'm the one to blame, sure, for the lack of documentation. however there's
this attempt of explaining things a little bit:
  http://www.rncbc.org/drupal/node/19#comment-37

hth

cheers.
--